Retail and Leisure are going to be dramatically changed after this – we are already seeing the early casualties, including Carluccios and Brighthouse. Other weakened businesses include Monsoon, Arcadia Group, TM Lewin, and of course all Airlines.
Ultimately most businesses are weakened, but that doesn’t mean beaten.
Enough of the doom and gloom, we have to look past that, and at Impulse we are focusing on being prepared for the chaos that we all dream of on the run up to Christmas.
At Impulse, we are keeping our focus on the inevitable changes in the Retail landscape – from environment, to shopper changes and ultimately the way brands will need to communicate and react.
We’ve come up with some action points, and as we all have more time currently, welcome further discussion, so please contact me, Mark McKeown via email firstname.lastname@example.org, or mobile 07725 134143.
Once we are all allowed back out on the high street, what social distancing changes will you be making in store?
- Get in touch with us to plan your safe environment, including footfall routing and possible layout changes.
- In-store wayfinding signage and customer flow equipment will be necessary- we love the way Co-op operates a one-way traffic. route in store, and wonder if this should be planned in permanently?
- Sanitising stations – let us supply solutions to suit your environment.
- Do you need to change the display style used in store? Where on-shelf or counter displays worked, they may not be so impactful now – look at Free-standing display options.
- Some of our clients are literally skipping a season, and looking straight to Autumn / Winter 2021 – let us adapt work already done to work better for you.
- Brand Messaging will need adapting to our changing social criteria, lets discuss changing call to actions, and the impact on the Point of Sale Displays you will be using.
Don’t wait until it’s too late. I’m happy to offer our creative and planning resource at Impulse, at reduced rates during this dormant period – work that we can get briefed remotely, and complete safely.
In terms of manufacturing, we have increased material stocks and are equipped to react quickly when we are able to.
Lastly – Support UK Business, we’ll be more reactive and reliable!