New Year a Positive outlook is required. 2010 turned out to be our highest turnover yet. We expect to beat this in 2011, and it looks like it is going to be a challenging year.
inflation will play a heavy part in both our personal and business lives – the effect on Retail will mean worsening costs and a much more competitive sector. The inevitable rise of Interest Rates will make life interesting too!
We have no reason not to keep positive, are enjoying a good order book, and a refreshingly buoyant attitude from our clients. A good indicator for us is the level of quality pitches we are involved in – which is up by 30% from this time last year.
Impulse is currently working on a 330 x One Stop Roll-out for DVD stands, an exciting new Rental Interactive Unit, and continued H&M Store equipment for European Destinations.
it’s great seeing our lasered components appearing in Gulliver’s Travels, which is a departure from our usual work – look out later in the year for Captain America, we worked extensively on the shields and car interiors – images will be posted when we are allowed to!
We have just supplied all Display Equipment for a DVD, Music and Games Shop opening in London, this and other similar enquiries received since we made changes to the Impulse POP Website are making us look at further potential services we can offer via the website. Impulse has a vast experience in the Home Entertainment sector, and also produce a range of standard products which will be more accessible later this year.
Other things on our “to do” list include:
- Further Exporting – our exports in 2010 were up by 28%, we see more potential in 2011.
- Greater emphasis on alternative Supply Chain – Impulse have always offered alternative routes, and most pitches we make that exceed £100,000 require cost driven alternatives.
- Impulse expect to invest in further capital equipment in 2011. The success of our “Lights Out” Automatic Laser Profiler means that we can work smarter, and our capacity has grown. The effect this has on the business is currently being evaluated.
- 2012 Olympics – more quoting and hopefully winning some of the work is important to us.
- Growth in the Convenience Sector, we have been successful working for a major Newspaper, and look forward to extending the range of displays for them and others in this area.