Let’s talk about Social Media…
Social media is said to be one of the easiest and economical ways to promote a product or brand and has completely changed the business environment which has redefined the way businesses communicate. Social media is a great marketing tool for retailers in boosting sales, growth and engaging with customers. And businesses are constantly finding new ways to implement marketing strategies through social media.
As a small business within the retail industry, we use social media as a way of gaining new business, showcasing our work, engaging with our customers as well as helping our business to grow.
Although social media is important to use in any business, it does have some positive and negative aspects- For example:
Possible advantages of social media for businesses:
- Increased sales
- Increased traffic to your website
- Improves the ranking on search engines
- Greater customer engagement
- Greater access to international markets
- Opportunity for customer feedback
- Improves networking opportunities with customers and other businesses.
Possible disadvantages of social media for businesses:
- Not having a clear marketing or social media strategy may result in reduced benefits for your business.
- Social media is immediate and needs daily monitoring.
- If you don’t actively manage your social media platforms, you may not see any real benefits.
- Risk of unwanted or inappropriate behaviour on your site, including bullying and harassment towards your business and individuals.
Greater exposure online has the potential to attract risks. Risks can include negative feedback, information leaks or hacking.
For Impulse, Social Media is a great way to promote our business. You can find us on our Socials: